Monday, August 14, 2006

Unit Testing

When I first came across unit testing I was very skeptical as to how useful and productive it might be. Googling the topic seemed only to present trivial examples, with no really well reasoned discussion as to how applying automated unit testing to a project might yield significant benefits.

I am now, however, a firm believer in automated unit testing. What brought about the change in my attitude is live project experience of working with unit tests, a lot of discussions and debates with colleagues as to the effectiveness of unit tests, and Clover.

Over the next few days I'll be writing an article on unit testing and why I truly believe that it is one of the quickest and most effective ways of achieving high quality, robust, and well designed code.

I've added two new links to the excellent NUNIT unit testing framework and the equally good Clover test coverage tool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home